• besked
Brugeravatar

TheRealEd

• Geografisk sted: København
  • Highscores: 0
    Arcade winning challenges: 0

Ændringer i WPPR formular fra 2023

Indlægons 29. jun 2022 17:10

Det har været under opsejling og blevet diskuteret internt blandt IFPA og deres lande- og stats repræsentanter i noget tid nu, men nu er det altså officielt.
Nye ændringer til WPPR formularen fra 2023:
https://www.ifpapinball.com/wppr-formula-change-to-v5-8-for-2023/

"Since the release of WPPR v5.7 for the 2022 season, the IFPA has continued investigating ways to make the World Pinball Player Rankings more accurate for how we rank players across the globe.

These latest changes will be incorporated into WPPR v5.8 which will be implemented starting January 1, 2023.

•Updated TGP rules
°Events that do not have a separate Qualifying and Finals format will continue to have a maximum TGP value of 100%.
°Events that have a separate Qualifying and Finals format now have the ability to grade out to a maximum TGP value of 200%. Please note the Finals format must include an elimination format that includes a minimum of 10% of the participants to be eligible. Previously 25 meaningful games played at 4% each would hit that 100% max. This will now be 50 meaningful games played at 4% each to hit this new 200% max.
°Tournaments that run an UNLIMITED Best Game/Card qualifying format with a minimum 20 hours of qualifying time, will have those qualifying games counted at 2X value (8% increase to TGP for each game included in the qualifying standings).

•Event Value increases for various classes of events
°Majors –> Previously the IFPA World Pinball Championship, PAPA World Pinball Championships, European Pinball Championships, Pinburgh Match Play Championship and THE OPEN had an event weight of 150%. This will be increased to 200% for 2023.
°IFPA Championship Series events –> Previously these events had a event weight of 125%. This will be increased to 150% for 2023. This includes the following events:
– Any IFPA Country Championship Series final, Any IFPA State and Provincial Championship final, IFPA North American Pinball Championship, Any IFPA European Championship Series event along with the ECS Final, IFPA Pin-Masters Championship, IFPA Heads-Up Pinball Championship, IFPA Power100 Championship, Stern Pro Circuit Final

•Updated rules for IFPA Certified events
Increased event weight for IFPA Certified event weight to 125%. Addition of IFPA Certified+ tournaments with an event weight of 150%. Updated criteria of eligibility:
a) 128 player minimum – This is only needed for IFPA Certified+ events. There is no player minimum for the 125% boost level.
b) Limited Herb/Card – minimum 24 attempts with minimum best 12 games being counted, minimum 20 hours of qualifying time.
c) Unlimited Herb/card – minimum 20 hours of qualifying time, minimum 5 games being counted.
d) Match Play formats (4-player groups) require minimum of 20 qualifying games.
e) Head to head formats require minimum of 40 qualifying games.
f) 24 finalists minimum (up from 16)
g) No other qualifying formats eligible (Flip Frenzy, Pin-Golf, etc)
h) No player may receive a bye beyond the round of 16 finalists.
i) Maximum length of the tournament is 4 consecutive days.
j) Finals for the top 24 cannot start on the same day that Qualifying starts.
k) Finals portion of the tournament must consist of one of the following approved formats: PAPA style match play rounds (minimum of 3 games per round) or IFPA style head-to-head play (minimum best of 5 matches per round). All game choices during finals must be made by the players.

•Group play formats that utilize the “Multi-Matchplay” style of play (players play in parallel across multiple machines rather than serially in the 4-player matches) will no longer receive the 2X bonus for 4-player groups, or 1.5X bonus for 3-player groups.

•Flip Frenzy formats, also referred to as Pinball! Pinball! Pinball! format will now be graded based on the (AVERAGE number of matches played / divided by 2) by all players in the field. One-Ball Flip Frenzy formats will be graded based on the AVERAGE number of matches played/ divided by 3).

•Any tournaments that eliminate games due to time (this is often done by switching to “all Classics” when a tournament is running long) will no longer earn TGP after the point in time in which games are eliminated. For tournaments that run into this problem often, we recommend you changing the format to a lower amount of games played, or eliminating any long playing games at the start of the tournament.

•Any tournament that requires pre-registration must be submitted to the IFPA Calendar a minimum of 30 days before the pre-registration date.

•Updated TGP rules for Target Match Play qualifying. This will be based on the average number of games played for all qualifiers.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us at ifpapinball@gmail.com with any questions. Check back when we announce that WPPR v5.8 has been implemented for 2023 as details are subject to change prior to launch."
|×[ED ]×|
Brugeravatar

soren

Re: Ændringer i WPPR formular fra 2023

Indlægons 27. jul 2022 10:37

Jeg kan forstå at IFPA 5.8 vil medføre, at der skal spilles et bestemt kval-system ud fra en liste af godkendte formater. Er det korrekt, eller er det kun for de såkaldte "store" turneringer der får bonus?

Og er det korrekt, at alle-mod-alle / round-robin ikke er godkendt? Altså det format der som regel spilles i Lund. Og som jeg var tilhænger af til mine turneringer.
Brugeravatar

TheRealEd

Indlægons 27. jul 2022 17:38

soren skrev:Jeg kan forstå at IFPA 5.8 vil medføre, at der skal spilles et bestemt kval-system ud fra en liste af godkendte formater. Er det korrekt, eller er det kun for de såkaldte "store" turneringer der får bonus?

Og er det korrekt, at alle-mod-alle / round-robin ikke er godkendt? Altså det format der som regel spilles i Lund. Og som jeg var tilhænger af til mine turneringer.

Jeg tænker at det er IFPA Certified events to referer til?
Alle turneringer har mulighed for at opnå en "Certified" status ved at opfylde en række krav, som giver de helt store/længere turneringer et boost.
Idéen til det var at belønne de arrangører der afholdte store turneringer langt over 100% TGP, i håb om at disse ikke ville dø til fordel for "Whopper farms", hvor formålet har været at spille så mange 100% TGP turneringer så muligt på kortest tid.
Dette har også været indført i 2022, men kravene bliver bare højnet til 2023.
TheRealEd skrev:•Updated rules for IFPA Certified events
Increased event weight for IFPA Certified event weight to 125%. Addition of IFPA Certified+ tournaments with an event weight of 150%. Updated criteria of eligibility:
a) 128 player minimum – This is only needed for IFPA Certified+ events. There is no player minimum for the 125% boost level.
b) Limited Herb/Card – minimum 24 attempts with minimum best 12 games being counted, minimum 20 hours of qualifying time.
c) Unlimited Herb/card – minimum 20 hours of qualifying time, minimum 5 games being counted.
d) Match Play formats (4-player groups) require minimum of 20 qualifying games.
e) Head to head formats require minimum of 40 qualifying games.
f) 24 finalists minimum (up from 16)
g) No other qualifying formats eligible (Flip Frenzy, Pin-Golf, etc)
h) No player may receive a bye beyond the round of 16 finalists.
i) Maximum length of the tournament is 4 consecutive days.
j) Finals for the top 24 cannot start on the same day that Qualifying starts.
k) Finals portion of the tournament must consist of one of the following approved formats: PAPA style match play rounds (minimum of 3 games per round) or IFPA style head-to-head play (minimum best of 5 matches per round). All game choices during finals must be made by the players.

Derudover får almindelige "IFPA sanctioned tournaments" mulighed for at opnå op til 150% TGP ved at spille flere "meaningful games".
Altså vil max TGP opnås ved 38 spil i stedet for de nuværende 25.
TheRealEd skrev:•Updated TGP rules
Events now have the ability to grade out to 150% value versus the previous 100% max value that was in place. This will give some additional events that go ‘above and beyond’ with respect to the number of games played for their league or tournament. Previously 25 meaningful games played at 4% each would hit that 100% max. This will now be 38 meaningful games played at 4% each to hit this new 150% max.

Så for lige at opsummere og svare kort;
-Ja, der skal spilles bestemte formater over en vis tid med et vist antal spillere for at opnå "Certified" bonus.
-Nej, alle-mod-alle / round-robin er stadig godkendt som helt almindeligt format. Det kan også bruges ved "Certified events", men vil kræve mindst 40 spil i kvalifikationen.
|×[ED ]×|
Brugeravatar

soren

Indlægtors 28. jul 2022 09:13

Så havde jeg forstået det korrekt. Godt at se, at IFPA stadig tillader initiativ for de lokale turneringer.
Brugeravatar

TheRealEd

Indlægons 26. okt 2022 16:54

Opdateret:

•Updated TGP rules
°Events that do not have a separate Qualifying and Finals format will continue to have a maximum TGP value of 100%.
°Events that have a separate Qualifying and Finals format now have the ability to grade out to a maximum TGP value of 200%. Please note the Finals format must include an elimination format that includes a minimum of 10% of the participants to be eligible. Previously 25 meaningful games played at 4% each would hit that 100% max. This will now be 50 meaningful games played at 4% each to hit this new 200% max.
°Tournaments that run an UNLIMITED Best Game/Card qualifying format with a minimum 20 hours of qualifying time, will have those qualifying games counted at 2X value (8% increase to TGP for each game included in the qualifying standings).

•Group play formats that utilize the “Multi-Matchplay” style of play (players play in parallel across multiple machines rather than serially in the 4-player matches) will no longer receive the 2X bonus for 4-player groups, or 1.5X bonus for 3-player groups.

•Any tournament that requires pre-registration must be submitted to the IFPA Calendar a minimum of 30 days before the pre-registration date.

•Updated TGP rules for Target Match Play qualifying. This will be based on the average number of games played for all qualifiers.
|×[ED ]×|

Tilbage til Events