SmartfeedSmartfeed | OSS | Holdet | | Dato og tid er tirs 23. apr 2024 13:35

Twin Galaxies er blevet solgt

Om arcademaskiner, spil, tips, reparation osv.
  • Forfatter
  • besked
Brugeravatar

1up

• Geografisk sted: Bjerre (Hornsyld)
  • Highscores: 0
    Arcade winning challenges: 0

Twin Galaxies er blevet solgt

Indlægfre 5. okt 2012 06:53

Besøgte Twin Galaxies igår og fik at vide, at siden ville være nede 5-7dage. Kunne se i adresselinien at den var hosted på www.the-1up.com/twingalaxies ??

Idag kunne jeg så se følgende:
Billede

Det lader til at Twin Galaxies er blevet købt af The-1up Barcade, der også hoster dette års The Kong Off II.

www.classicarcadegaming.com kunne jeg finde mere information fra tidligere ansat hos Twin Galaxies, Patrick Scott Patterson:

Kode: Vælg alt
Seems the million dollar question focuses on the notice that Twin Galaxies has been sold and is moving to a Colorado location.

I have a lot going on right now... so while I enjoy e-mails and discussion topics... I
have little desire to wake up to more of the same. So here are my official statements regarding the popular questions.

Feel free to discuss below this, but don't expect me to comment on this again just yet... not for a bit.

- Yes, I know a little bit about it.

- No, I do not know all of it, not even close.

- No, I will not state what I do know at this time.

- No, I was not directly involved.

- Yes, I am in support of it and what it could be.

- Yes, I have questions about the direction the new ownership wishes to take.

- Yes, once I have those questions answered, I would be open to returning if the role I was asked to play appealed to me.

- No, I do not feel bad if this came to be because Pete felt hurt. He's caused a lot of hurt to others, including myself, my family and my friends. No sympathy for a person who can cause hurt and not care to hear it.

- No, I do not know who on the staff there might stay or go. Not my place to make such decisions.

- Yes, I do have opinions on that.

- Yes, they would see no more than one or two current staffers remaining. Again, not my call. Just my opinion.

- Yes, this news was pleasant to hear. Very few know of the emotional toll this five year struggle was for me, regardless of my status of fighting while part of the team, from the outside or from outside the city limits. I really care about stuff like this... the history and culture. To know it isn't going to die a slow death at the hands of a person who doesn't eases that mark on my heart.

- Yes, this news will mean the TGI links will return to my website and that graphics that had blurred the logo will be restored. My stance before was that I could no longer support it under that ownership. That ownership is gone.

- No, I will no longer pursue my planned legal action against the former owner for libel and slander.

- I am undecided as to if I will continue plans to take action against another person who did the same. Depends on if that person ceases further BS.

I think that covers it all. Please refrain from more until more is revealed, k?

Ser ud tila t Twin Galaxies får en ny ledelse, et nyt site og muligvis nye, og forhåbentlig flere, dommere.
Brugeravatar

1up

Re: Twin Galaxies er blevet solgt

Indlægman 8. okt 2012 11:45

Fandt følgende på KLOV.com

So its official

Twin Galaxies / 1up

New Owners: Jourdan Adler, Richie Knucklez and Myself.

Planning on restructuring the entire company and have lots of great plans for it.

Knucklez is flying down this week.

Let the gaming begin!

Jon

Brugeravatar

DaLar75

• Geografisk sted: Nordjylland, Aalborg
  • Highscores: 21

Indlægtirs 9. okt 2012 19:54

Fra Dean Saglio stream-chat, d. 8. oktober - snak om mulig TG-startdato.
Èn formoder snak i løbet af denne uge på
http://www.richieknucklez.com/pages/Arc ... -Show.html
..men den sidste opdatering af den side ser ud til at være 11 måneder gammel, såhvem ved om den vil blive brugt..?

Og:
next week is the Season 3 premire of Arcade Cultur
kan jeg ikke huske hvor kom fra (også en chat.... :oops: )

9:18 D3scride: I hope they don't charge fees for submissions with the new TG
» that would be the nail in the coffin imo
» final nail*
9:19 H2ostylezclash: I don't think so, it's the 1-up and Richie
9:20 D3scride: I like hank's ideas about bounties
9:20 Mikegmi2: Who owned TG previously. Walter and Bully?
» Billy
9:21 D3scride: Pete Bouvier last person to own it
9:21 H2ostylezclash: Walter Owned TGI Originally sold it to Pete Bouiver
9:21 Jcharrist: lol @ Bully
9:21 Mikegmi2: Also, when will "Three Lies" release as a single?
9:21 H2ostylezclash: then 1-up Bought it from Pete
9:21 Mikegmi2: Bully, that was a typo
9:21 H2ostylezclash: Like, I was waiting for over a year to become staff
9:22 D3scride: yah
» I was doing the interview process with D. Nelson like 1 year ago
9:23 H2ostylezclash: I went through it with David, then Grace, then I met Pete in Ottawma
9:23 D3scride: Did they give an idea when some kind of version of the site will be back online?
9:23 H2ostylezclash: I'm thinking by Friday or Saturday
9:24 Jcharrist: it said 5-7 days late last week
9:24 H2ostylezclash: I'm thinking Richie will be talking about it on Arcade Culture this week
» and i believe since the old NDA's are now gone
» and I know everything you when through Dan
» I was working for TGI out in Ottawma for there event last year when I was promised my status would be done
before the start of this year
9:37 D3scride: hm
Billede
Shooting Game Tournament 2010
Brugeravatar

1up

Indlægons 10. okt 2012 06:21

Billede
Fra ventre til højre: Jourdan Adler, Richie Knucklez, Jon "Exidy" Jamshid and Walter Day.

Er Walter Day på vej ind i billedet igen? Mark Alpiger skriver, at Twin Galaxies website skulle være online igen om en dag eller to.

Patrick Scott Patterson will be getting the news first regarding the new Twin Galaxies ownership:
PatrickScottPatterson.com brings you the exclusive first photograph of the first meeting of the new Twin Galaxies ownership! From left to right: Jourdan Adler, Richie Knucklez, Jon "Exidy" Jamshid and Walter Day.

This website will be getting the first OFFICIAL news from these meetings. Don't guess, don't speculate, come here for the ONLY official word on this development, direct from the source!

Here is the first official statement from the new Twin Galaxies, received at 7:34pm Central Time on Tuesday, October 9:

"It is a time of re-birth for Twin Galaxies, as we re-confirm our commitment to serve the worldwide video game industry as its official scorekeeper and contest adjudicator.

Now under new leadership, Twin Galaxies is returning to its roots as a 'live' event organizer, which will continue to support all games and all game systems. Starting with the Kong-Off 2 in November, Twin Galaxies will launch an extensive calendar of monthly 'live' events that will crown the champions of both classic and modern gaming beginning in 2013.

And, as the official scorekeeper for the world of competitive gaming, we will continue to accept and verify world record scores submitted by champion gamers on all platforms.

We thank you for your support and patience as we re-create Twin Galaxies and bring the world of competitive gaming back to life."

[url]http://patrickscottpatterson.com/CultureTwinGalaxies
[/url]
Brugeravatar

Donkey

• Geografisk sted: København N

Indlægtors 18. okt 2012 01:44

http://www.patrickscottpatterson.com/Cu ... inGalaxies

News Update - October 17, 2012

The latest news release update from the new Twin Galaxies ownership. Previous news updates below.

"While there is rampant speculation about the future of Twin Galaxies, we want you to rest assured that there has been no downtime on this end."

"It is our intention to announce a concrete plan for 2013 during The Kong Off 2 coming up November 16th, 17th and 18th 2012 in Denver, Colorado USA."

"We do have a few things that we would like to update you on right now."

"The website, forum and score database should be up and running by the end of November. The site needs to be rebuilt to become more user-friendly, and we want to make sure that the information is properly stored to reduce or negate downtime."

"There will be an entirely new score submission process put into place and that will be announced during The Kong Off 2 as well. We can tell you that we plan to accept records set on all platforms moving forward."

"Beginning in 2013 there will be 7 'Twin Galaxies Verified Locations' that gamers will be able to play LIVE for verified Twin Galaxies Records. It is our hope that other arcades and gaming venues will reach out to us to become 'verified locations' as well."

"In addition to the verified locations the 'Twin Galaxies Masters Tournament' will begin in February and conclude in November of 2013. The 'TGMT' will be a series of 6 events that will be conducted in six different states that will crown a true North American Champion of Arcade and Classic Console gaming."

"Again we ask you for your patience as we are rebuilding and putting everything back in place. We want to re-launch Twin Galaxies with attainable and executable goals."

"Thank you so much for your continued interest in Twin Galaxies and we are so excited to share with you our plans for 2013."

GAME ON!!!
http://www.killscreen.dk - Spilblog om public gaming, arcade, pinball og events!
Brugeravatar

1up

Indlæglør 20. okt 2012 09:22

Godt med lidt nyt, og det ser ud til at de har store planer for hvordan de får Twin Galaxies tilbage på sporet. Kan se at de siger at forum og high score forum vil være på banen igen i slutningen af november.

Så har jeg da lidt tid til at rode med statistik her på forum, inden jeg skal have opdateret 120 tråde med Twin Galxies WR 8)
Brugeravatar

1up

Indlægsøn 18. nov 2012 17:41

Under The Kong Off II blev der igår via stream annonceret hvad planen er med Twin Galaxies(TG).

De hurtige facts:
Den førhenværende ejer Pete Bouvier var blevet revset godt og grundet af tidligere dommere og spillere, så the-1up kontaktede ham, og fortalte at TG ikke var 6 cifre værd længere. De tilbød at købe det, og fik det hurtigt stablet på benene. Til deres overraskelse stod TG's dyrebare database i en varm garage uden airconditioning og med det store sumpområde, The Everglades, på den anden side af vejen. De fik sikret serveren, og den er i god behold.

Fremover er det kun nye World Records der bliver 'verified'. De vil holde det simpelt, ligesom et highscore board i selve spillet, hvor spillet f.eks. viser de 10 bedste. Slår man en score rykker den nederste ud af bunden.

Alle submission vil være tilgængelige til offentlighedens fornøjelse. Alle High Scores vil kunne ses live fra Twin Galaxies hjemmesiden.

Twin Galaxies forum kommer IKKE tilbage. Folk kan diskutere via facebook fremover.

Man vil for fremtiden IKKE kunne indsende submission online, f.eks. MAME input filer. Fremover skal det indsendes pr. mail inkl. et skema der skal udfyldes. Det er heller ikke længere gratis at indesende scores. Alle score på under 1 times varighed kommer til at koste $15 ~dkk90. Prisen dækker over 1 times minimums løn (i USA) som er ca. $8, og hvis det er en verdens rekord, så skal der printes et certifikat som sendes retur som prioriteret brev. Forsendelsen koster (i USA) $4,50, så det er ikke noget de kommer til at tjene på.
Alt over 1 time, dvs. 2 til 999 timer kommer til at koster $25.

De bruger ikke længere frivillige dommere til at gennemse scores. Alle ansatte hos Twin Galaxies bliver fremover betalt medarbejdere.

The-1up ejer 51% og kommer til at køre hjemmeside og database. De resterende 49% fordeles mellem Richie Knucklez og en tech-guy jeg ikke lige kan huske navnet på.

Stream med Twin Galaxies fremtid: Starter ved ca. 35min
Brugeravatar

Donkey

Indlægsøn 13. jan 2013 20:04

Det er nu muligt og se scoreboardet igen, tjek dette link: http://www.arcadedj.com/base.php

Og lidt nyt fra TwinGalaxies.com

While we continue to work towards a brand new experience for our fans and the gaming industry, we do have some fantastic announcements to make!

As we all wait frustrated for the database to return online, do not think for a second that we are at a standstill. Originally we hired a professional web design firm to finally bring the Twin Galaxies web experience to the modern era. After months of waiting on pins and needles for even a quote, a few days ago we were sticker shocked by a price tag more than what we paid for the company. That coupled with at least a 6 to 8 week turn around, really hit Jourdan and I hard.
The very same day I found a new web design firm,
(Comprised of all Gamers!)
who were more than stoked to tackle our project.
Today “1/10/2013” marks day one that they have the entire historical archives as it was on the day it went dark. Join me in prayer to the Arcade Gods that this is the answer to this debacle.
WE WILL NOT take over Twin Galaxies and just rehash the same garbage that has been passed off as the “leaders of the industry”.
I feel we must start with brick one and rebuild so that your respect is earned. I promise you no platform will be abandoned. I am also proud to announce that legendary gamer Pat Laffaye has joined our staff as my right hand man utilizing his “Live Contest Scoring System”
Pat also expressed interest in heading up the MAME division since he has had such a big role in the success of MARP.

Twin Galaxies is dedicated to bringing the most complete database of games possible to gamers everywhere, and in order to do this we have decided to split the company into two divisions; Twin Galaxies Arcade and Twin Galaxies Console.

Heading up the arcade division will be Richie Knucklez and Jourdan Adler, co-owners of Twin Galaxies as well as Mr. Walter Day himself, founder of Twin Galaxies. Together they hold a lifetime of experience in arcade culture and gaming; they will work together to ensure that no game goes untracked, and that scores are verified as quickly as possible. Our first two head Arcade Referees will be Stephen Boyer and Stephen Wagner.
(No your name does not have to be Stephen to be a ref)

Heading up the console division will be David Nelson, who returns to the role of Director of Adjudication – console. after a brief hiatus under the former ownership, David will lead the team of console referees in ensuring that all games are tracked accurately, and also ensuring that scores are verified and entered in a timely manner. Leading the business side of things on the console side will be Richard Booth. Richard will return to the role of Director of Business Development; the role he also held under the previous Twin Galaxies ownership.

Twin Galaxies is also finalizing the new web site, which we hope to have up in early 2013. We thank you for your patience while we put together the new Twin Galaxies, and we apologize for the delay, however it’s been a long road in finding a development company that understands our vision for the future of the company.
http://www.killscreen.dk - Spilblog om public gaming, arcade, pinball og events!
Brugeravatar

Donkey

Indlægman 11. feb 2013 13:19

Fra TwinGalaxies.com

2/10/13 Welcome to Twin Galaxies!

By this time next weekend we are hoping to have some bare bones functionality back up and running.
The database should at least be visible and most likely searchable. It will not have bells and whistles (YET) but the first steps will be in effect and an obvious improvement to the front end user.

WE WILL NOT take over Twin Galaxies and just rehash the same garbage that has been passed off as the “leaders of the industry”.I feel we must start with brick one and rebuild so that your respect is earned. I promise you no platform will be abandoned.

Twin Galaxies is dedicated to bringing the most complete database of games possible to gamers everywhere
Brugeravatar

1up

Indlægman 10. jun 2013 08:28

Så fik jeg endeligt taget mig sammen til at få verificeret min email til twin galaxies siden. Jeg må sige, at siden ser 1000x bedre ud end inden det blev solgt, og det kører bare som rigtig godt. Kan huske der var noget snak om, at der ikke ville være noget forum, men det kan jeg se at der er alligevel 8)

Så skal der sættes verdensrekorder?
Brugeravatar

DaLar75

• Geografisk sted: Nordjylland, Aalborg
  • Highscores: 21

Indlægtirs 11. jun 2013 16:30

Hey 1up.,, er der noget godt på forum-delen? (Arcade/MAME)
Vi kan godt sætte nogle rekorder -- gi'r du første omgang? =O ..Har ikk 130-140 kr til TG pt ... ($25 $60 $$?)
c",)
Billede
Shooting Game Tournament 2010
Brugeravatar

1up

Indlægtirs 11. jun 2013 18:00

Ha Ha, ja, jeg synes dog at det er positivt at der er et "gebyr", for så slipper man for alle de ligegyldige scores der bliver uploaded fra de folk der er mere interesserede i at have x antal high scores. Så når folk indsender noget, så er det lidt mere seriøst. Det burde også gøre det nemmere for dommerne, da der kommer knap så mange videoer der skal kigges igennem.

Har kun lige hurtigt kigget forum, men der er da en arcade/mame del.

Tilbage til Arcade